Monday, March 16, 2009

36 Weeks!


We have hit the 36 week mark--4 weeks and counting. But what really puts things in perspective is that I will be full-term next week....next week!! I am starting to have more and more contractions, and a lot of people think the baby's dropping--sometimes the baby is really low, but there are still lots of times when he is stretching up and under my ribs. I can't decide which I would prefer--the stabbing feelings of my ribs being pushed on, or the dropping feeling with my bladder being tortured! The poor little guy is running out of room...and I'm running out of room!

We're trying to get as ready as we're going to be. There are still some essentials that we need to get but we're getting there. The baby's room is slowly coming together. My mom is working on the sheets, bumper pad, quilt and curtains, so I'm excited to see everything put together. We have been given tons of clothing from friends which should last us the first few months. It's crazy to think of someone fitting in something that small (unless we have a huge baby, which is always a possibility!) We are still in that surreal state of being so close to having a baby, yet unable to truly grasp all that that entails. More and more I'm grieving the loss of life as we know it--though what is to come will be far greater!!

Our childbirth classes are great and we're learning a lot. Though I can't imagine what labor and delivery will be like, I'm not that scared of what is to come. I think one of the reasons I'm not as anxious is because I know Adam will be fabulous, loving on me every step of the way--he's going to be such a good dad!!

I'll try to keep this updated in the next couple weeks. Keep checking this, because I'll be posting those first baby pics in just a few weeks!!

No comments: