Sunday, September 28, 2014

Summer Fun!

It's been a fast summer...too fast, actually.  I felt like I worked the entire summer and missed out on time with my family, which has been really hard.  Even when I was finished working in the office and was back at home, the month of July was utter chaos for me as I was in charge of a complete server switchover.  One week alone, I worked 65 hours--it was just too much; too much for me and too much for the family.  I thankful that's behind us! But we did manage to squeeze in some fun...

Lennon learned how to ride a bike, without training wheels.  He outgrew his peddle-less strider bike, and needed a bike with brakes because he was going so fast on his strider.  That strider bike was awesome at teaching him balance, so when he switched to the bigger bike, he didn't need training wheels.
It didn't take him long to master the stopping and starting.
This is video from April when he was first starting out:
The kids are having a lot of fun with each other.
There are still moments that they fight (like brother and sister!), but they seem to be enjoying each other most of the time.
The Rockies games at the beginning of the season...when we were still winning:
Lennon was super excited about the game before hand, but then all three of them got bored pretty quick.  Clearly I'm the only one that actually enjoys watching the game--next year I'll just go without them so I can stay for the whole game!
We got some Halloween costumes in a bag of hand-me-down clothes--so our dress-up pile is expanding.  Every once in awhile Nemo and Batman will make an appearance, along with two Turkey costumes as well!
My cooking and baking helpers:
Tesla got a Cabbage Patch baby for her birthday from the Perlmans--BEST GIFT EVER!  Tesla will not go anywhere with out "Baby Charlie" and she probably thinks about her baby 80% of her day.
She will feed baby and change her diaper--super cute.  There have been times when Tesla cries, only to find out she's upset because, "Baby's crying," or "Baby has an owie."  One night soon after the kids were in bed, we hear Tesla jump out of her bed and go over the play kitchen to boil water.  Adam gave her a few minutes of diligent cooking and then when up to check in.  Tesla looked at him and said, "Baby's hungry."

No comments: