Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Lennon got his first haircut by his Great-Aunt Diane over Christmas.  It amazed us at how fast his hair has grown since (if we would have know that hair would have grown once we removed the baby hair, we would have done this long ago!).  So, in mid-April, I decided to attempt a haircut myself.  Lennon sat very still, though he looked a little nervous at first (not trusting me as much as Aunt Diane...smart boy!)
Those first cuts made me a little nervous--afraid I was going to butcher my child's beautiful hair--my nerves showed themselves through laughter and giggles, which Lennon took to be a good sign (Adam and I knew better!)
 But it all turned out in the end--I only did the back and sides, and was thankful for the slight curl in his hair that covers up all my mistakes. Here's Adam trying to get Lennon to stand still so I can take a picture of his haircut--I must say that I impressed myself--and was mostly relieved for not butchering it too much!  Now it's June, and he's needing another haircut--I'm not sure if he can make it until August when Aunt Diane can give him another haircut...but I'm wondering if I can luck out with giving a decent haircut twice in a row!
Lennon and his magna-doodle--He rotates between his little orange tablet (in the bottom, left corner), which has taught him to write all his letters and his shapes, and drawing his alphabet, numbers and art masterpieces on the magna-doodle (and the Steak n' Shake hat must be his thinking cap!)  He now uses his letters and numbers as a very smart stall tactic--how are we supposed to say no when he says that he just needs to finish his alphabet before he comes up for bed!
 Here's one of his earlier attempts at the alphabet--he erased everything before I could take a better picture because he "didn't like the S"--so he started all over.  He's very eager to start spelling and reading as well--he can spell and ready simple words like mom, dad, cat, dog, but the other day, while playing with the sidewalk chalk with Adam, he asked Adam how to spell "concentrate"--so Adam told him and Lennon wrote a very large "Concentrate" in front of our door (not sure how visitors will interpret that!)
Easter
We had a low-key Easter weekend.  On Saturday we dyed Easter eggs and on Sunday we had an egg hunt and then went over to Beka's for dinner. Here's Lennon taking his egg dying very seriously (as he does most things!):
Very proud of all his eggs!
Lennon was a pro at hunting for eggs...

This is the real egg that he dropped back on the rocks--part of me thinks he did it on purpose so that he had to eat it right away!
Lennon's Easter Basket--hidden in his car:
We actually had to pysch Lennon up for his Easter basket--he was having far too much fun hunting for eggs that he wasn't quite sure if the Easter basket was worth stopping for!
Now he's into it!

Lennon is obsessed with music--he will put in one of his CDs in the stereo (which he can do totally independently) and go sit on the couch and just listen--he sometimes concentrates so hard that it's like he's mesmerized!  Thankfully he rotates all his music, and he usually varies the songs he sings too--here he is singing "Day-oh" by Raffi:






No comments: