Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Lennon Turns 3!

It's hard to believe that Lennon is now three--I don't know where the time goes. This is the first year that I didn't wake up at 12:55am (either from Lennon waking me up or me waking up on my own) and I was sad about it--I know my pregnant body needs all the rest it can get, but I was hoping that since I wake up 4-5 times a night to use the bathroom anyways, my bladder would cooperate and wake me up at the right time to remember what life was like 3 years prior--but I should know by now that my bladder never cooperates!

Lennon's favorite thing is numbers, so it would make sense that he wanted his birthday party to be a numbers/counting party...so that's just what we did (I think he was testing my creativity).
Lennon painting his name on his new beanbag boards that his Grandpa worked so hard on.
They were a big hit at the party--thanks Grandpa!
Here are some of the number beanbags--Lennon took some to bed with him the first couple nights after they were done, so I knew they were a hit!

Lennon wearing his outfit and hat from Aunt Leah, Uncle Drew and Emery--he chose to wear this outfit over his birthday shirt he picked specifically for Grandma to make. Lennon wears his hat everywhere, along with his sunglasses, and he thinks he is so cool!Lennon playing baseball with Uncle Ross:
Lennon has a good swing--it didn't take Ross too long to figure that out!
I set out to make my own numbers pinata for the party, and I have to say that I impressed myself--I think it turned out pretty well. I was afraid it would be too fragile, not letting all the kids take a swing at it, but it turned out that we needed to help it along.
Lennon isn't really interested in pinatas at his friends' parties, so I was expecting him to not want anything to do with his own pinata--I was doing it more for his friends than for him. However, he loved it and got some good swings in. I thought that he may have turned a corner with pinatas in general, but the next weekend, at his friend Silas' party, he wanted nothing to do the pinata (even though he still likes to enjoy the candy).

Lennon more interested in the kazoo he got in the pinata than with his cupcake.
Lennon chose the "11" cupcake--clearly the "3" didn't seem appropriate!
Playtime with Grandpa!
And cuddle time with Grandma!
Lennon enjoying his Easter basket from Grandma and Grandpa--he was trying to make the flower spin by blowing on it:
I think Lennon was wearing this same sweatband last year when he got his Easter basket from Grandma and Grandpa--clearly the two go hand-in-hand:

No comments: