Monday, August 16, 2010

Road Trip--Stop #1: Ohio

I can't believe it's already the middle of August--this summer has flown by! But I'm finally posting all the great pictures and stories from our month-long road trip....

Stop #1 was Ohio for my dad's family reunion. We spent a lot of the time cleaning out my grandma's house, getting it ready to put on the market. It was hard being there and not having Grandma there--she would have been so happy to have all of us there together.

Lara, Rob, Cathy and Adam:
Mom and Linda:
Pierre Bear is part of the family (and has been every since I've been around) and Lennon took a quick liking to him:
Grandpa and Lennon:
We did a mini 1st birthday party for Emery while we were there, since we weren't able to make it to Philly to celebrate his big day. Emery wasn't too thrilled about the cake, but I'm sure Lennon ate enough of the cake for both of them.
Lennon still wasn't thrilled to be in Emery's presence, much to Emery's confusion. Lennon would be as happy as could be, and then when Emery would enter the room it all went downhill.

It's amazing to see the personality difference between the two boys. Emery is one of the happiest babies and he loves to be around people. Lennon, we realized, needs his alone time. At the reunion when he was really cranky, I put him on the floor with some toys and everyone left him alone--he was happy as could be for about an hour. After that, he was much more willing to be around people.

However, there were glimpses that someday the boys will be the best of friends!
It was a mandatory bath for Lennon when the toilet lid was left up and he decided that would be a fun place to play--no picture of that scene, as I went into clean-up mode when I discovered him!
Lennon loves music:
Aunt Leah got several good cuddle moments with Lennon. Here, Lennon nuzzled into Leah so much that, at first, we guessed Lennon thought Leah was me, but he saw me sitting right there, and continued to love on his aunt!
Emery, at Keri's softball game. Emery actually allowed Leah to watch the game, whereas Lennon just wanted to walk up and down the bleachers.

No comments: