Saturday, January 18, 2014

Lennon's Christmas Show!

Since September I've been taking the kids to a community Bible study.  My original motive was to help prepare Lennon for kindergarten, as the two hours each week mimic school.  Lennon has loved it.  He was shy and apprehensive the first couple weeks I dropped him off at his classroom, but he would always ask when we were going to CBS next.  

The first couple weeks I asked what he did during gym-time.  He said he stood by the door with his teachers.  I then asked what his friends did in the gym.  "They ran around and played with balls," he said.  I asked if he had fun by the door in the gym and he told me he did.  I'm not sure if he still stands out of the way in the gym, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does--that's his personality and he's happy, which is all that matters.

When I asked Lennon how he felt about getting up on stage, singing for everyone, he first thought it was strange that I was even asking, and then he acted like it was no big deal.  I knew some kids got scared being up there, so I said that if he ever felt scared up there, he could just look at me and wave and then maybe he wouldn't be so scared anymore.  
Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to witness.  Lennon met my eyes right away, and waved at me excitedly--not the kind of wave with nerves involved.  They sang about 8 songs, and with each song, he got more into it.  He was that kid--you know how most of the kids are standing there, arms to the side, singing their songs; and then there's the one kid, that kid, that is totally in his element, singing and dancing and acting crazy...Lennon was it.  Lennon is silly when he's at home with just family around.  But when he's around other people, he's really quite reserved.  So I was completely surprised that he was acting this silly around tons of people--he loved it!

This is the first song they sang...
Here's a few more songs from the show--he does get progressively sillier until the very last song:
Adam wasn't able to be there in person, but was just as shocked as I was when he saw the video!  And Lennon spent most of the rest of the day watching the video of himself--cracking up at how awesome he was....looks like music and theater may be in his future!

When we were driving home that day, the last CBS for the holidays, he said he was really sad because he would really miss CBS.  I said CBS is a lot like school, so that if he loves CBS so much, then he'll probably love school too.  He said he would probably like school...just not as much as CBS.  He asked if I would be with him at school (ahhh, there it is).  I said I would drop him off at his classroom just like CBS.  He asked if I would stay in the same building like CBS.  No, but I would just be a couple blocks away, and that I would come visit the classroom and help with parties--won't that be fun? No answer, but we're getting there--I think he'll definitely be ready and do great in kindergarten!!

No comments: