Sunday, April 21, 2013

9 Months!  
We took Tesla in for her 9 month check-up and here's where she's at:
16 pounds 6 ounces--18th percentile
27.5 inches long--50th percentile
For Weight-to-Height, she's in the 25th percentile and her head circumference is in the 90th percentile!
This is what happens when Tesla doesn't get her way....
And this....(how does a 9-month-old know how to milk a situation so well!  And the thing that gets me is that if she gets her way, she will go immediately from this to smiling and giggling within the same breath!)
She celebrated 9 months by finally getting a tooth, and then the second followed a few days later.
Lennon had his 4-yr check up at the same time.  I'm still amazed at how brave he is with his shots--he doesn't even flinch, let alone cry!  Here's where he is:
31 pounds 8 ounces--about the 18th percentile
38 inches tall--10th percentile
I had Lennon answer a Birthday Questionnaire (that I hope to ask him each year)--here are a few questions and answers:
  • Favorite Food:  Mac & Cheese (no surprise there)
  • Favorite Color:  Black (again, not a shocker)
  • Favorite TV Show:  Super Why (which is a major reason Lennon is reading)
  • Favorite Clothes:  Packers Shirt
  • Where do you want to go on vacation someday:  School
  • When you were little, you used to...:  Be a Baby (so logical!)
  • Three words to describe yourself:  Cool, Awesome, Great

Tesla is giving us a run for our money--Lennon never came close to preparing us for this little girl.  I don't think Tesla is really all that much of a terror, but in comparison to Lennon, who was exceptionally easy and low maintenance, we feel like we're chasing Tesla around all day, saying "no-no" (which we hardly ever had to say to Lennon).  Tesla is surrounded by toys, both hers and Lennons, and yet she chooses the one thing that she is not allowed to get into--my wallet and the toilet are her current favorites.

All the ways Tesla is a Stinker, according to Lennon!
 One day last week, which was a super busy week for me for work, with a big event coming up, she got into the toilet, broke a glass and ate a candy bar, all within an hour or so--clearly I need to pay more attention to my daughter!  I saw her find a mini Butterfinger (probably left over from Lennon's party) and I thought, "that will keep her occupied for a few minutes without causing any harm." Ha! A few minutes later I look over and see a big bulge in her cheek and chocolate drool down her chin!  How she opened a candy wrapper by herself, I don't know!  And unfortunately, that's not the only sweet that she's eaten.  A couple weeks ago she had found a random M&M under Lennon's bed--she picked it up, looked me straight in the eye and started shacking her head "no." She continued to shake her head as she popped that M&M in her mouth.  Here she is, mastering her head shake.  She totally know when she's not to do something, because she always shakes her head:
Like I said earlier, Tesla loves to get in the potty.  She can open the lid by herself now, and is just beginning to show an interest in the toilet paper.  I know it may seem like I'm encouraging it, but I had to get it on video just once--and, as you will see by the head shaking, she knows she will get in trouble for it.  Time-outs were never effective for Lennon (and he's only needed like five in his life), but Adam and I are thinking Tesla will become very familiar with time-outs (probably pretty soon, too!)
10 Months!
 Tesla always giggles when anyone around her laughs, regardless of whether the laughter is at her.  The other day I was reading something funny on the computer and was laughing a lot--she was in her highchair giggling away, thinking she was so hilarious!
Tesla turned 10 months and Aunt Shay turned 30--so we went out to breakfast to celebrate Aunt Shay!  As always, Lennon had a blast with her!!
 
 Aunt Shay was very excited that she was able to hold Tesla without a fit!

No comments: