Saturday, July 28, 2012

Family

 Wow, I'm already behind on blogging ....

Here are a bunch of pics with the family. visits  We were planning on having my parents wait to come out until about a week after Tesla was born, since we were told she was going to come early.  However, with each passing day and each passing week, I became more and more useless around the house (cleaning, meals, laundry, etc...all those things needed for family survival).  So we opted to have my parents come out (hoping that would spark her arrival) to help us out--and they were a big help.  It was great to have real food, a cleaner house and an added distraction to the fact that I was still huge and pregnant.
 They were both helpful during labor (my mom was forced back into the not-so-fun roll of taking care of a sick daughter right before we left for the hospital).  When we got the emergency room parking lot, I realized I forgot my wallet--my dad was gracious enough to bring it to us right away.  He didn't make it there before Tesla was born, but his reward was that he was the first to meet our little girl!
  I love these pictures of Lennon and his Grandpa--they show the special bond that is between them.  Their games of choice were playing "parking lot" and "bank robbers," in which they built the bank and had the robber cars come and steal all the coins (they even closed the vault each night before bed)--that game lasted the 2 weeks of their visit, and will probably pick back up on their next visit.
 Not too many tears were shed this time, surprisingly--maybe it's because we'll be seeing them in August.  It was a stark contrast from when we dropped them off at the airport after Lennon was born.  As always, after Lennon woke up from his nap and when he woke up the next morning, he asked where Grandma and Grandpa were.
 Don overlapped with my parents visit by a day, which was nice so they all could see each other.  They continued where my parents left off with helping with meals and keeping the kitchen cleaned (which is a big feat in our house!).  We spent most of his visit just hanging out, as with my parents, and enjoying the new babies (this was the first time Don met Jordon as well), though we had a few fun outings duing the two weeks.
We all got a season pass to Bear Creek Lake Park and spent most of the day at the beach.  Jared and Beka got us a great screened canopy, which was where the babies hung out:
  Don with his two new grandchildren:
  We also went to the zoo together--Lennon had the most fun that he's ever had there. 
Jordon and Lennon love each other--Lennon can always get Jordon to smile and Lennon feels so proud when that happens!
 
Here's a picture with a gibbon monkey fascinated with Tesla.  He (it could have been a female) was on the window playing with Lennon when he saw Tesla in my wrap and immediately went over to us--I don't know if he thought it was a baby monkey or not, but they had a special connection--very cool!
  Aunt Beka and Tesla:
 
Lennon playing with Jordon's foam letters and numbers with Papa and Dad:


No comments: