Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Grandma

My Grandma Martz passed away last week, which has been really hard. Lennon and I flew to Columbus on Friday morning to be with the family. Lennon remembered the family and warmed up to them right away. It was nice to have him be a little bit more independent (whereas two weeks ago he was really going through the separation anxiety phase with me). It was fun to have the two babies there, talking and cooing during the memorial and funeral (just as Grandma would have wanted).

We are so thankful that we got to spend time with Grandma after Christmas. She loved Lennon and Emery so much and she just lit up when they were around.
This summer:After being apart for two weeks, Lennon decided that Emery was fun to play with. Leah and I shared a hotel room and one night they decided to tag team with keeping us up. One was always talking or fussing while the other slept--then they would switch places (it's a good thing they're so cute!)
Great-Aunt Cathy and Lennon:
Great-Uncle Rob and Lennon:
I think we would have done her proud with the entire family getting together, enjoying each other and celebrating her. Those of you who knew my grandma know that she was an amazing woman. She was one of the most loving people you will ever meet and I feel so thankful to call her my grandma and my friend. My hope is to be a daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother like she was. She has made this world a much better place.

Linda, John Thomas, and Carla:
Isn't she beautiful:My Grandpa and Grandma (and my favorite):
I love her and miss her a lot.

1 comment:

diane rice said...

What a wonderful tribute Kendra! Yes, she was a WONDERFUL, LOVING person. We all need to take notes from her. xoxo